The six years reign of Genort Rohr has clearly depict a preference for players playing in Europe over the NPFL players (home base).
One would be left Wondering why Silas Nwankwo who plays for Nassarawa United, who scored 19 goals in the just concluded NPFL season and Charles Atshimene who strikes for the defending Champions, Akwa United bagged 18 goals as a runner up in the Golden boat as well never got an invitation into the Eagles team.
This left many Nigerians with questions as “How do Genort Rohr commensurate his rating of players before getting invitation”?
In the Egypt national team, only three of their players are playing in Europe, Mohammed Salah(Liverpool), Mohammed Elneny (Arsenal), Mohammed Mostafa(Galatasaray) The rest of the team players are selected from the local league teams and this has never left a loop holes in the team’s performance and operation.
Now the Eagles are left with no choice but to replace Victor Osimhen who likely will not be traveling next year with the Super Eagles. Already Peter Etebo is sidelined with injury. No one knows what the future holds before the the AFCON.
But here are the comprehensive compilation made by sportjuice9ja.
1. Taiwo Awoniyi:The Kwara Born Nigerian striker had struggled with Liverpool before making a permanent move to Union Berlin. Despite staying 6 years at Liverpool he never made a senior apperance with the English side. He has delivered 8 league goals to the German side and has had a previous invitation during the Qualifiers for Afcon this year.
2. Emmanuel Dennis: Dennis Emmanuel was a star man against vulnerable Manchester United over the weekend. The Nigerian made two assists and scored the last goal for Watford in an Enthralling 4-1 win over United. Dennis has scored 5 goals and registered 4 assists in the EPL so far. only Salah(18) has been directly involved in goals than Dennis(9).
3. Chidozie Okereke: A young prodigy who’s escalating his goal scoring prowess with the Italian side Venezia has scored 4 goals this season from 12 appearances. He’s 24 year and yet to be invited by the Super Eagles.
4. Paul Onuachu: Despite having umpteen invitation to the Super Eagles, The Genk striker has struggled to pull his way into the team. He’s not a favorite for Rohr as he’s not convincing enough to Rohr. The absence of Victor Osimhen might actually be the glorious time for Paul to pull the trigger on. He was the top scorer in the Belgian League last season, the Genk talisman already registered 10 goals in appearances in Belgian League for Genk.
5. Odion Ighalo: Igalo retired 2019 after after 5 years spell with the Super Eagles. The 32 years old Striker received a reinvitation by the Super Eagles head Coach and was part of the starting squad against Cape Verde in Lagos when Super Eagles were held to an horrendous 1-1 draw. He’s currently playing in Al Shabab in Saudi Arabia and has scored 14 goals in 19 appearances for the club. Weather this is enough reason why Super Eagles should trust yet again the former manchester United player by relying on him with the mantle of leadership and experience.
6. Folarin Balogun: featured in Arsenal first EPL match against Brantford, due to the absence of Aubameyang and Lacazette, although the nationality striker is yet to be Official as he’s still legible to play for Nigeria despite making some appearances in the Under level with England. Already has 10 goals, 4 assists in 9 appearances for Arsenal u23.
Amongst others are
Peter Olayinka: who plays for Slavia Prague. 26 years of age.
Ubong Okpai: who also plays for Slavia Prague. A right winger who can also be deployed to the center forward. 26 years of age.
Leave a Reply